CRA Contact Number
Are you looking to contact the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA)? This article provides all the necessary details on how to reach CRA, including contact numbers and important information to have on hand. It also includes tips on how to identify legitimate CRA representatives and avoid scammers.
Ways to Contact CRA
CRA offers several ways to get in touch:
- Online Services
- In-person Appointment
If you prefer direct and effective communication, calling the CRA is the best option.
How Can I Contact CRA by Phone?
To contact CRA by phone, call their toll-free number at 1-800-959-8281. This line is available from Monday to Friday, 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. local time. Having your Social Insurance Number (SIN) and tax information on hand will help expedite the process. Be aware that there may be some delays, so calling during off-peak hours is recommended.
CRA Contact Numbers List
Here are some important CRA contact numbers:
|Assist with My Business Account and Act as a Client’s Advocate
|Payroll deductions and accounts
|Update business information
|Talk about a repayment plan for a payroll tax liability
|Talk about a repayment plan for a company’s income tax liability
|For payroll, report a nil remittance
|Talk about a nil remittance for non-resident withholding tax
|For Creating a business account and any necessary program accounts, such as the GST/HST account
|For assistance in filing T2 corporation income tax return electronically
What Information should you have on hand when contacting the CRA?
Before calling CRA, gather the following information:
- Business number (BN) (If appropriate)
- Social insurance number (SIN)
- Your Original full name
- The company’s full legal name (If appropriate)
- Call-in number
- Mailing address in full
- Specifics of the inquiry, such as the most recent notice of assessment, return, or other tax records
How to Judge whether you are in contact with CRA or any Scammer?
It’s important to be cautious when dealing with the CRA to avoid scams. Here are some tips to identify a legitimate CRA representative:
- A real CRA employee will provide their name and phone number for callback verification. You can contact CRA directly to confirm their identity.
- The CRA never sends sensitive information through email, so be wary of any requests for personal or financial information via email or text.
- While the CRA does use automated calls for certain purposes, they will never ask for personal and banking information.
- The CRA does not use text messages or instant messaging services to contact taxpayers.
- The CRA does not send emails or texts with links to refunds.
- CRA representatives will not use aggressive language, threaten arrest, or demand personal and banking information.
- A CRA representative will never schedule a meeting in a public setting to collect payment.
If you found this article helpful, please share your thoughts. For more informative articles, explore our other posts.
CRA Official Website Contact information: Tap Here
IT Gujarat Home Page: Tap Here