Which of the following statements about energy is FALSE? An
object possessing energy can do work on another object. Energy can
neither be created nor destroyed. Energy is the single main
component of the universe. Energy is the capacity to do work. All
of the above statements are true.
A solid form of matter in which there is long range repeating
order is called ________.
An energy diagram that shows the reactants having greater energy
than the products illustrates an:
Which of the following items is a mixture? water, helium, brass,
sugar, none of the above
Which type of energy is associated with position?
Which state of matter has atomic spacing that is close together
and indefinite shape?
If a particular process is endothermic, the reverse process must
be a (an):
If you hold a solid piece of pure gallium metal in your hand,
your body heat will melt the gallium into its liquid form. This
illustrates which of the following?
What is the value of 27°C on the Fahrenheit temperature
What type of energy is associated with the burning of
If a pure material decomposes when heated into simpler
substances, this proves that the material was a compound.
- The false statement is; Energy is the single main component of
- Solid form of matter in which there is long range repeating
order is called Crystalline solid.
- Energy diagram that shows the reactants having greater energy
than the products illustrates an Exothermic
- Brass is a mixture of copper and zinc.
- Potential Energy is associated with position
of the object.
- Liquids have an atomic shaping that is close
together but have an indefinite shape.
- If a particular process is endothermic, the reverse process
must be an exothermic one.
- Gallium melting in hand indicates that its melting
point is either 37 degree celsius (Body temperature) or
- 27 degree celsius is 80.6 degree Fahrenheit.
- Energy released while burning gasoline is the
chemical energy stored in bonds.
Chemical energy is converted into Thermal energy while
- Yes, if a pure material decomposes when
heated, into simpler substances, then the material was indeed a