1. Which one of the following ancient Greeks made great advances in the field of mathematics?
2. Egyptians had a great influence on the Greek sculptors of the _________ period. (2 points)
3. Only the _____________ was/were allowed to use Greek temples. (2 points)
priests and priestesses
4. Most ancient Greek sculpture did not survive the ages. How do we know what this sculpture looked like?
The Romans made copies of the original works.
The Greeks made preliminary drawings that still exist.
Archeologists have been able to piece the sculptures together and fill in the missing parts.
The few remaining pieces are all thatâ€™s left to study.
5. What style of Greek column has no base? (2 points)
All columns have bases
6. In the 5th century B.C.E., _______________ began to appear in Greek sculpture.
great emotion and feeling
kouroi and korai
stiff, rigid forms
depiction of movement
7. In sculpture, the Greeks portrayed gods as: (2 points)
part human, part animal
8. The Archaic Greek male sculpture form is called a: (2 points)
9. The ancient Greek civilization gave birth to the concept of: (2 points)
3-Priest & Priestesses
4-Archaeologist have put the pictures backtogether
Let me quickly double check 6—ok also for #2 I said Hellenistic because that period started after Alexander the Great died which is basically right after Greek conquered Egpyt making it the time period of major cultural influence between the two, however Greece and Egypt probably traded before that in the classical period but I’m going to say the real influence would have been in Hellenistic time.
These are the steps I take to solve a series of questions:
1) Read carefully the text book
2) Read carefully my class notes
3) Answer all questions correctly
4) I now have no problem answering these same questions when they show up on the next test.